Apply Business Visa online
If your purpose of visit to Sri Lanka is one of the followings, you must apply for Business Visa.
- Participate in business meetings and negotiations
- Participate in Conferences, workshops and seminars
- To take part in Short term training programs
- Participate in art, music and dance events
- Participate in religious events
- Participate in Symposium
Applicants who need to stay in Sri Lanka less than 30 days for business purposes, can apply for Business visa (Business ETA) through www.eta.gov.lk
Business Visa can also be obtained from;
-The Head Office of the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Colombo or
-Sri Lanka Overseas Missions
Approval for Multiple, Double or single entry business Visa can be obtained from the Visa Section of the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Colombo by producing relevant documentary proof of his/her intent of Business purpose to visit Sri Lanka through the local agent.
Board members, Directors or professional who engaged in BOI projects will be entitled for Residence Visa. They should submit visa requests to the Board of Investment of Sri Lanka for the recommendation. The Embassy shall issue entry visa for Business Visa or Residence Visa applicants if the applicant produces a letter of approval issued by the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Colombo.
Applying for Business Visa through the Embassy (for more than 30 days)
If the applicant wishes to apply for Business visa through the Embassy the following documents are required;
- Application for a Business Visa.
- Passport, which should have at least 06 months validity period from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Recently taken two colour photographs (size 4.5c.m.x3.5c.m).
- A letter addressed to the Ambassador of the Embassy of Sri Lanka, Oslo by the Company/Organization in Norway/Finland/Iceland requesting visa to the person concerned. Please note that the letter should briefly explain the following :
i. Name and Passport Number of the applicant
ii. Designation of the applicant
iii. Brief introduction about the company
iv. Nature of business with scheduled programme
v. Duration of stay in Sri Lanka
vi. Details of contact person in Sri Lanka
vii. Places of visit
- Letter of Invitation by the Sri Lankan Company/Organization to the applicant concerned in Norway, OR a letter to the Embassy by the Sri Lankan Company/Organization in respect of the visit.
The Embassy will issue entry visa for business Visa category after receiving clearance from the Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka. Therefore, applicants are advised to submit their applications at least 01 month prior to the intended visit.